Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Purple Potato Project

In an attempt to broaden my blog topics, I'm taking a note from the food bloggers I know and sharing a recipe I made this week. Here goes nothing! 

After the excitement from our party died down, I finally went grocery shopping for normal food. Feeling lazy & hungry, I decided to make stuffed peppers. 

Here's what you'll need:  


You can use whatever veggies you'd like, but I opted for broccoli and baby zucchini because, well, baby zucchini are so much cuter than regular size. 

I started by pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees and cooking my quinoa in the microwave according to the instructions on the box. Next, I cleaned out the peppers and chopped up the broccoli & zucchini into bit sized pieces. I put everything in a bowl and added some goat cheese to blend it all together. 

After you have your filling ready, stuff the peppers. They should look something like this: 


I was feeling adventurous, so I also whipped up some potatoes to go with my peppers. I got a small bag of mini potatoes (again, cute factor matters to me), washed them, cut them into quarters, placed them on a cookie sheet, and seasoned simply with olive oil, salt, and pepper. 

I placed everything in the oven and took the peppers out after about 25 minutes. I let the potatoes cook for an extra 10 minutes on their own. When everything came out of the oven nice & hot, it looked like this:




My apologies for the blurry-ness of this potato photo - I was apparently very excited when they looked so pretty. I mean, really, purple potatoes are just awesome. 

To finish off the dish, I added a little bit more goat cheese. Because when you think about it, more goat cheese is always the answer. 

2 comments: