Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Favorites '12

I realize that I very recently wrote about some of my fall favorite in my "I <3 Fall" post, however, I have been watching "Monthly Favorite" videos on Youtube for quite a while now (2+ years) and decided to translate mine into blog form. 

"Monthly Favorite" posts are a random list of items you tried for the first time during the month and really enjoyed. They are usually centered around a specific topic like 'beauty products', but I am just going to hit on things I genuinely liked in the month of October as I am not an expert on beauty related things. That said - a few beauty products may pop up :) 

Without further adieu: 

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Gel Liner in Charcoal 


I re-organized my make up a few weeks ago and re-discovered this little gem. It works great when applied with an eye liner brush. I place it as close to my upper lash line as I can get and then use my finger to smudge it slightly to give a very light smokey eye effect. 


Pumpkin EVERYTHING 


Pumpkin is a theme throughout fall, but more specifically October. Carving, eating, roasting the seeds - I've lightly participated in each of these activities this month and it was awesome. Here is a photo of some of my friends carving pumpkins at a Halloween party last weekend. 


Pink Pearl Stud Earrings 


I think I have worn these earrings every single day this month. I am generally a huge fan of white pearl studs, but these give the look a little twist. Since they are light pink they basically match just about everything I own and add just a bit of flare while still looking classic. 


Taylor Swift: Red 


Why yes, I do have the musical taste of a 16 year old girl. Only half the time, I promise. Really loving this album this month even though it only came out about a week and a half ago. Specifically two songs: 'I Knew You Were Trouble' and 'I Almost Do'. Check it out. 


Leopard Print Scarf 


I got this at Target when I was home visiting my family in September, but the weather really didn't get cool enough in the city until October. I've been wearing this quite a lot as it's neutral and can be paired with a lot of different outfits. In my mind, this is really the only way we are meant to pull off animal print. 


Brown Boots from Akira Shoes 


I also purchased these back in September, but I didn't start wearing them until about 3 weeks ago. They took a bit to break in, but now they are super comfortable and the leather is really soft. Also really loving the zipper.  


'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)' by Mindy Kaling 


Just started reading this book a few days ago for a break from some of the heartier books I've been reading recently. I'm about half-way through and it's hilarious. Not in a Chelsea Handler way - in a much more appropriate and relatable way. I deem this a wonderful bus book or for a break between more serious reads. Thumbs up. 

Happy October & Happy Halloween - Bring it on, November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment