Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Pop of Leopard


Continuing on with trying new nail products - I recently gave the Sally Hanson Salon Effects nail strips a shot.  


They come with everything you need and package the strips so that you don't have to use them all on the first try. 


 Since I chose such a bold design, I decided to go for a more trendy look and only use the strips on one nail on each hand. I just needed to find the perfect complimenting color for the other eight fingers...


 I ended up choosing the bottom color - Sinful Colors 'Nirvana'. It's the chocolate-y-est (yes, that is a word now) and blended well with the leopard print. I applied two even coats leaving my left ring finger and right pointer finger polish free including base coat. 

After my polish was completely dry, I opened up the strips. They can be a little tricky to work with, but they are real nail polish strips and look very natural on the nail. They feel exactly like painted polish once applied. 

Before you apply them they instruct you select the size strip you need for each nail - they recommend that slightly smaller is better than slightly larger, but I'd have to disagree. I used slightly larger ones and was able to clean up the sides to cover the entire nail as opposed to having bare nail on either side. I finished off with my go-to top coat and they were dry instantly. 

This is the finished look: 



I would absolutely recommend these nail strips for anyone who wants to play around with designs, doesn't have time to wait for their polish to dry, or for my fellow nail polish lovers who want to try something a little different.  

No comments:

Post a Comment