Thursday, September 27, 2012

O.P.I. Ink


What better way to kick things off then with a polish review! 

I made a little trip to Ulta after work today to pick up a new fall color. Enter: O.P.I. Ink 


Ink is a deep purple with what I would qualify as shimmer (as opposed to glitter) in slightly lighter shades of purples, blues, and a hint of pink. When reflected in the light it glistens. In dim lighting it looks almost black. In the bottle it seems like a very pretty dark purple, but when applied it is a much more interesting color. 

Here it is after one coat:  


I applied two more thin coats to achieve this final color: 


In more artificial lighting it looked a bit metallic: 


I sealed the color with Sally Hanson's InstaDry Top Coat. 

The polish is very easy to work with and isn't gloopy (yep, I said it) or finicky. In general, I tend to shy away from O.P.I. polishes because I normally think the formulation leaves something to be desired. In my past experience they have been watery and hard to work with, but this one was a breeze. Thumbs up for O.P.I. getting the formula right in this color. It is quickly becoming my favorite fall color. 

What's your favorite fall color? 


No comments:

Post a Comment