Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January '13 Favorites

It's that time again! January has come and gone - even though it has felt a bit like Spring here in Chicago. My favorites this month revolve around warm, soft, and comforting. A theme generally in line with Winter weather, so I'm hoping we see some snow soon!

Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Mist in Lavender Harvest 


I was looking for a Lavender room spray and found this one while I was home for Christmas. Whole Foods totally hooked me up and this smells AMAZING. Lavender is a relaxing and airy scent that is great for calming nerves and helping you wind down. I spritz this a few times over my bedding before I go to sleep and off to dreamland I go. 

Seche Vite Top Coat 


I raved about my Sally Hansen InstaDry Top Coat for ages, but I think Seche Vite is even better. This one is a bit more expensive, but totally worth it. It's super shiny, dries instantly, and goes on semi-thick helping to really protect your nails for the day-to-day wear & tear. I used this on my nails last week and I didn't have to touch up once. It was pretty impressive.

Bow Ring


This ring was a late Christmas present from my mom. We found it at Charming Charlie  a few days after Christmas. I've been looking for one for quite a while and this one is perfect. It's delicate, sparkles, and goes with everything. On a separate note - if you haven't been to Charming Charlie yet - GO NOW. It's pretty freaking awesome.

Pale Pink Nail Polish 



Even though Winter usually lends itself to dark polishes, I have been loving pale pinks this month. I had on either Essie's Mademoiselle (left) or Fiji (right) for the whole month. Mademoiselle is a sheer pink with high shine while Fiji is a creamy & opaque pink that is a bit more matte.

Feathered Headband 




Another present from the December holidays - this headband is also from Charming Charlie. Really - you can't go wrong with this store. It's great for days when I don't want to put a hat over my pony tail (or wear one of those weird hats with the pony tail hole) or for the days when I just feel like jazzing up my outerwear. 

The Body Shop Duo Body Butter 



I've never tried anything from The Body Shop before, but these body butters were on sale for $5 from their original $18, so, I had to try one. The scent I have is macadamia which is warm and sweet. The container is divided into two sections - the original body butter (top) for normal skin areas and thicker butter (bottom) for dry skin areas. They're both smooth and creamy and leave your skin feeling silky soft. 

Ecotools Flat Top Face Brush



For blending in foundation or tinted moisturizer, this is my favorite. the flat top helps to blend & buff leaving an almost flawless finish. I much prefer using this over a standard foundation brush and it also stays pretty clean since it's super dense and doesn't let the foundation sink in to the bristles. 

Goodbye January and hello February! 


No comments:

Post a Comment