Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November Favorites '12

It's that time again! I cannot believe how fast this month flew by. Not only has this month gone by in a flash, but this week marks the end of my first full year at work - something that totally crept up on me. It feels like quite an accomplishment that I have been out of school for about a year and a half and working a job I love for most of my "adult" life so far. 

Moving on to the real reason you're here...my favorites this month! Completely unintentionally, they are mostly beauty items. Enjoy! 


Philosophy "Fresh Cream" body lotion 


I picked up this lotion a few weeks ago as I was suffering with dry, winter skin and my regular lotion just wasn't cutting it. This, however, does cut it. Not only does it smell fresh, it leaves your skin feeling super soft. 

Tokyo Milk "French Kiss" hand lotion 


Staying on theme, I received this lotion last year as a gift from my roommate, Aravinda. This has become my new favorite for my purse and I have been using it constantly. It's think & creamy, but not heavy. Perfect for these chilly days when you need a little pick-me-up. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze" 


Bad to the Bronze is a cream eye shadow that is a great fall/winter color. It's really build-able, as shown on my hand, and gives your eye make up just a little bit of pizazz (yep, pizazz). 

Twistbands 


I discovered these through Youtube on a video I was watching a few months ago. They claim to keep your hair where you put it without leaving those "rude" kinks when you take them out. I was very skeptical, but got one anyway, and I can say I am a true believer! They absolutely work (not really the headbands, but who cares). The little knot helps to keep them in place so you don't have to make your pony tail super tight. You can find them here: http://www.thetwistband.com/

Twisted Peppermint Candle


I have had this candle since last Christmas and I have been savoring it ever since. It makes our whole apartment smell like baked goods and burns beautifully. Highly recommended! 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation


This foundation was a bit of a splurge for me, but after having used it for a few weeks, I have found that it is completely worth it. It's super light (a water-based foundation) and acts more like a tinted moisturizer than a true foundation, although the coverage is a bit better than most tinted moisturizers. It feels like you're not even wearing makeup and stays on all day. The best part - you barely need any to cover your entire face so it will last you quite some time! 

Being home with my family for Thanksgiving 


I was able to take about 5 days to go home for Thanksgiving this year and it was wonderful to spend that time with my family. I snapped this photo of our smaller dog, Sadie, while she was taking a snooze on a pillow like the little princess she pretends to be.  

With December just around the corner, the girls of 3A are prepping for our very first Christmas party. I'm sure I'll have some great photos and recipes to share after this weekend :) 

Happy November! 

1 comment: